Sailing Boats***SOLD***WesterlyKONSORT- Bilge KeelUnited Kingdom
The Konsort is one of Westerly's most long-lived designs with 700+ built over a 12 year period. She was designed by Laurent Giles following a long line of successful designs for Westerly. She is a well packaged 28' yacht with safe wide side decks, large amounts of storage space and good engine access. Handling is exemplified by control lines being feed to the Cockpit making her easy to operate short handed. 'Virgo' is generally a well-maintained example of the class, however a recent survey (March 2019) has revealed a list of advisories which will require addressing and hence the owner has decided to reduce his price significantly to allow for a new owner to deal with any repairs. A copy of the surveyors report is available. 'Virgo' can be viewed at our yard here at Newhaven by appointment.
- PLASTIMO bulkhead Compass
- Handheld Compass
- NAVMAN wind speed and direction indicator
- ECHO PILOT Depth sounder
- SUMLOG Speed Instrument
- FURUNO 1623 Radar
- GARMIN 500 chart plotter
- GARMIN 12XL Hand Held GPS
- GARMIN 100i VHF Radio with MER linked GPS
- Cockpit Speaker (DSC)
- ST2000 autopilot with S100 remote control
(Electronic equipment can sometimes fail and therefore the operable status of instruments would be subject to test at survey)
- 12v system from 4 batteries
- Sterling Battery Charger
- 240v shore power hook up.
BUKH DV20 (20hp) diesel engine
Volvo non-drip stern gland
Kiwi feathering propeller
- Rope cutter.
- Fuel: 15 gal
- Water: 30 gal (Stn Stl Tank)
- Eberspacher heating with 2 cabin outlets
- Manual bilge pump
- Horseshoe lifebuoy
- Beaufort Dolphin 6-man liferaft (service required)
- Boarding ladder
- 1 x hand fire extinguisher
Sails and Rig
- Mainsail with EASYREEF 'behind the mast' roller reefing
- Genoa with ROTOSTAY roller reefing.
- Cruising Chute
- Control lines lead back to cockpit
- Appropriate winches and sail handling equipment
COCKPIT - large, deep and secure with sail controls fed back and appropriate deck equipment for easy management.
ACCOMMODATION comprises: GALLEY area to starboard with Plastimo gas cooker with oven, grill and 2-burner hob, Isotherm fridge and stainless steel sink (H&C). Quarter berth to port with navigation table. MAIN SALOON with seating area (P) converting to a double berth and central 'butterfly hinged' table with a single berth (S). HEADS compartment (P) with Lavac sea flush toilet, and wash/hand basin. Storage/hanging space (S). FORWARD CABIN with two single 'v' shaped berths and infill to convert to a double if required.
See layout drawing for more information.
- CQR anchor
- Boarding Ladder
- Sprayhood and full cockpit enclosure
- Boat Hook
- Mooring Warps and Fenders...Read full description