This Aqua-Star 33 Ocean Ranger was built by Aquastar in Guernsey. This is a go-anywhere boat that has been meticulously loved and cared for by her current owners for 15 years. The semi-displacement hull delivers a perfect blend of speed, comfort and safety whilst also giving you superb accommodation and entertainment options when you arrive at your destination. 'Kayber Star' boasts the highly acclaimed aft cockpit and amidships galley, delivering unprecedented space for a boat of this size. Boasting comfortable accommodation on custom-built spring mattresses in a v-berth, ensuite heads and shower, a phenomenal galley set up plus a Webasto diesel heated cabin, leading out the protected aft cockpit this boat is ideal for quitely relaxing or entertaining groups.
Reliability and safety have always been a priority and no expense has been spared on the preventative maintenance schedule. The Twin Perkins Sabre 225HP engines have been serviced well inside of their recommended service intervals by Perking approved service mechanics (invoices available), the boat is lifted annually as part of the servicing program for antifouling, anodes replacement and professional inspection. This is a boat that has been loved and cared for by her current owners. The comprehensive inventory includes Raymarine Chart Plotter and integrated radar, DSC VHF Radio, fully functioning engine monitoring and alarms and Webasto diesel heating throughout. The Twin Perkins Sabre 225HP professionally serviced and the hull was antifouled in April 2021. Kayber Star has a superb cruising speed of 16 knots using 30ltrs per hour with a top speed of 20 knots
* Twin Perkins Sabre
* 225hp each
* Perkins were serviced 2021
* Shaft drive
* 4 Blade props
* Trim tabs
* 2 x S/S tanks - total approx 900 Ltrs
* Superb cruising speed of 16 knots using 30ltrs per hour with a top speed of 20 knots
* 4 x 12v batteries - New 2019
* Engine alternator
* 240v battery charger
* 240v sockets + 12V at lower helm
* Shore power and extension cables
* Electric windlass - Controlled Helm and foot switches on foredeck
* Raymarine 2kW Radome
* C120 Raymarine colour chart plotter
* Raymarine ST60+ Tridata
* Raymarine RN300
* Tacktick NM100 Wind
* Raytheon Auto pilot
* Raymarine 54e DSC VHF radio
Interior & Domestic
In excellent order throughout, with comfortable living accommodation heated by Webasto, comprising...
* SALOON: with glazed access to the teak-laid cockpit. Well vented opening hatches. The well-appointed saloon area has a completely customised layout to give the maximum possible storage, comfortable seating space, flexibility to create additional accommodation and easy access for checking the engine bay. The helm and navigator's seats are braced to give a smooth ride regardless of the conditions. They both swiftly transform to being moved forward and rotated to provide additional seating that faces back into the cockpit. Even the cupholder has been customised to allow you to keep a drink clear of the helm and nav stations, whilst being easily accessible from your seat when underway. The starboard side of the saloon has a helmsman’s side door to the deck. The drinks cupboard has had a cabinet maker fit-out to maximise the storage and security of the contents whilst underway. The glasses are all included as they fit the cupboard perfectly.
GALLEY: Well equipped with double S/S sink supplied with hot & cold pressurised water, the inclusion of an additional filter tap provides drinking water at the galley sink; Smev 4 ring gas hob separate gimbaled grill/oven, 12V fridge with Icebox, 240V power sockets, ample work surfaces and storage. Well vented with a powered extraction fan and an opening hatch. The galley has been very well equipped with equipment that fits the storage onboard perfectly, the crockery, pans, cooking equipment are included, but you can request it to be removed.
CABIN: With a large central double bed you can walk up either side of the bed for ease of access. Ample storage. Well vented with an opening hatch. Two wardrobes with both hanging and shelving space include a concealed small locker in the base for passport/jewellery. Storage at bottom of the bed and huge locker under the mattress. Side shelves. HEADS: With sea toilet, washbasin and shower supplied with hot & cold pressurised water; vanity unit & storage.
4 berths in main forward cabin plus saloon
Webasto heating with outlets in all cabins and cockpit
227 Ltr water tank with water filter
Extra-large mobile fridge and sealed plug unit in Cockpit
* Stainless steel radar arch which can be lowered
* Solid stainless steel guard rails
* Fixed spray screen with wipers
* Lofrans electric windlass
* Bruce anchor and chain
* Aluminium drying legs
* Bathing platform with s/s boarding ladder
* Weaver davits
* Teak deck in cockpit
* Search light
* Fender and fender baskets on each bow
* A full selection of mooring lines are included and the option to keep the removable spliced mooring lines that are shackled to the existing dock.
* Bilge pump, electric automatic
* Bilge pump, manual
* Radar reflector
* Gas Alarms - CO2 and smoke alarms
* Liferaft (Needs servicing)
* All cockpit seats have removable, fitted seat cushions.
* The custom made aft cockpit cover, delivers a perfect blend of protection from the elements and indoor/outdoor living, with very easy to use rollable clear windows on the sides and stern, that all include attachments to stow rolled on the cover in seconds, or roll down and protect the crew from the elements when you need them to.
* The wrap-around custom made fitted windscreen cover, provides sun protection, privacy and ease of use.
Option to take over the existing berth with the marina.
Stainless steel keel band
Selection of every conceivable plug for marina use with various lengths leads
Full selection of mooring lines and fendering included.
* Bill of Sale showing 15 years clear title
* Import VAT Invoice
* SSR Certificate
Owners comments This boat has been a part of the family for the last 15 years. All maintenance and servicing has been carried out by trusted, qualified professionals and everything has been done for preventative maintenance to ensure the safety of the owners for their cruising around the South Coast of the UK, French Coast and the Channel Islands.
Having owned boats for family cruising and entertaining friends for over 50 years, the owners have taken seriously the importance of safety, reliability, and capacity to seamlessly shift from an entertainer's dream to a proven offshore vessel in moments and chose 'Kayber Star' specifically for this. When this boat joined the family, she was purchased before the owners existing boat was even listed for sale as it is almost impossible to find a boat with this layout and seakeeping capability, which is still the case today.
It’s been an absolute joy to have a boat that handles so well in close quarters, is very comfortable at sea and for extended holidays living onboard. She will be sorely missed but it is time for her to be enjoyed by another family now.
For a full, detailed specification with additional photographs and direct contact details for the listing office visit our website at www.watersideboatsales.com
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Unless otherwise stated on the specification sheet the following presumptions are made
Sail drive and shaft seals are more than 5 years of age
Gas hoses and regulators are over 5 years old
Standing rigging and sails are more than 10 years old
NOTE - Please ring our offices prior to visiting, as the boat may be unavailable for viewing or located at a different marina. ...Read full description