Motor BoatsClassic Motor BoatsavailableFairey
All Spearfishes made by world-renowned Fairey Marine provide a soft and dry ride as the hull shape was taken from the Huntsman 31. Made in the early days of GRP by an aviation-standard company Spearfishes provide enviable classic power-boating.
This Spearfish Mk 1 is hull number 17 made in 1972 and very original throughout being ready to enjoy as a day-boat or occasional week-ender. In the early '90s two Mermaid Majestic 'Dover' block 210 BHP reconditoned 'mechanical' diesel engines were fitted and have done approximately 750 hours since (these do not produce the black smoke associated with earlier 'Dorset' blocks).
Spearfishes made in GRP by Fairey Marine are highly sought-after being easy to maintain twin-screw diesel-engined power-boat from the golden era of the 1960s.
This Spearfish benefits from long-term maintenance, care and attention from current and previous owners keeping this boat in very good original specification. It has window-blinds that keep the cabin cool on a sunny day and also both a spray-hood and full awning as well as the normal tonneau cover.
Maintenance and improvements by the current owner
The following are the current owner's comments on maintenance and improvements in his ownership:
Transom painted 2018
· Gold stripe re-painted in blue 2018
· Engines serviced every year
· Gas installation removed
· Replaced all 4 shaft seals 2018
· Replaced oil pumps on both gearboxes 2018
· Installed LED lighting in cabin 2017
· Installed USB charging ports in 2017
· Installed new Raymarine navigation equipment in 2017
· New through hull transducer
· Installed new VHF in 2017
· New electric sea toilet fitted 2017
· Installed fuel gauge fitted 2017
· Installed rudder gauge fitted 2017
· New steering wheel fitted in 2017 - old one available but needs refurbishment
· New windows fitted to the canopy in 2017.
Care and attention by the previous owner
During 2008/9 Hamble Yacht Services carried out significant refurbishment including:
Windows, hatch and windscreen resealed
New seacocks throughout
Bottom sandblasted, epoxied and antifouled
Topsides properly polished (original)
New sprayhood/cockpit cover
Cockpit wood work revarnished
Engine access hatches rebuilt and re-covered
New engine flexible fuel lines
New shafts, seals and cutless bearings
Refurbished and balanced propellors
Reconditioned turbos to engines
New speedo (replaces original mechanical speedo).
In 2011/12 the bottom was stripped and copper coated.
In 2014 a new windscreen was fitted without Kent clear screens.
Nicolle Associates offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
* This vessel is VAT exempt due to age.
* As always photographs do not do justice so a viewing is highly recommended.
* This boat is lying in Easr Cowes Marina.
* © 2020 Nicolle Associates
...Read full description