Santana - 37
- Stock #061907 -
This vessel was SOLD on October 28.
The Santana 37 is an exceptionally fast and beautiful racer/cruiser designed by Gary Mull. There were only 21 of these vessels built from 1969-1972, ensuring you will own a rare piece of history.
This particular boat won the Division II Victoria-Maui race in 1970, and is featured in an article:
She has sailed around the Hawaiian island, including to Molokai and back under the current owner. The previous owner sailed her from California to Mexico, and then to Hawaii. She is both a sea-worthy vessel and a weekend warrior.
The 2006 Kubota diesel engine was not installed until 2008 and has just 330 hours!
She has undergone a full bottom sand, fiberglass, and paint job within the past year and her hull is cleaned monthly. The jib and mainsail are both less than 3 years old and are in like-new condition.
The interior features a spacious cabin and berths for four which sleep six comfortably. There is a roomy dinette, wide companionway, L-shaped galley, enclosed head and a classic navigator's station which you won't find on more modern boats this size.
Her current location is in a private, tranquil and picturesque marina on the Windward side of Oahu with the possibility of a slip transfer. Public marinas on Oahu have waiting lists of up to two years long and slips are not transferable with sales.
This marina is the ideal launching point for overnight adventures around the island, quick sails over to the always-popular sandbar reef for "local-kine" parties and snorkeling and to participate in weekly beer can races around Kane'ohe Bay.
This is the perfect boat for anyone who wants to truly get out on the open water and explore the Hawaiian islands.
The owner is in the military and leaving the island sometime soon. He would love to see her go go someone who appreciates a classic with an interesting history.
She is in very good condition for her age and has been well cared for.
Details of her upkeep include:
- All new paint on the top and bottom
- Boat was hauled out this year at Keehi for a full bottom sand, fiberglass, and paint job
- Sides were painted while hauled, and topside was painted more recently at the marina
- Hull is cleaned monthly and zincs are replaced as necessary
- The shaft bearing was also replaced while the boat was hauled out
The jib and mainsail are less than 3 years old. They are both made of high quality Dacron, and always covered from the sun. The main sail has double reef points for those high wind days. A storm sail is also included, but requires larger hanks due to the new forestay diameter. All sail work has been done by Ullman Sails in Honolulu.
Mechanical / Rigging:
- 25 HP Kubota marine diesel (new in 2006)
- All new standing rigging installed in 2008
- New main halyard
- Monitor Windvane Autosteer (kept at the owner's house - not in photos)
- Pump style head
- 70 gallon potable water tank under forward berth with water pump and filter
- 50 gallon diesel tank, allowing ~200 nm of steaming
- Racor fuel filter
- Gas powered dive compressor
- 3 HP Johnson outboard for dinghy
- Line locker with ample rigging
- Whisker pole for winged jib
- Set up for a spinnaker
Electrical / Electronics:
- Garmin handheld GPS with wired external antenna
- Navigation GPS
- Wind generator
- 3 AGM (no maintenance req'd) house batteries and 1 Optima diesel start battery
- Electric anchor windlass with deck installed controls
- VHF radio with masthead antenna
- Handheld waterproof VHF radio with bluetooth connectivity (this enables you to make phone calls via radio while sailing coastal)
- SSB radio
- Raymarine auto-tiller steering system (auto-pilot)
- Gimbled Stove
- Inflatable Life Raft, Life Preservers, Fire Extinguishers, and all safety equipment required by the Coast Guard
- Fiberglass Dinghy
This is a solid boat which has been very well-maintained.
At POP Yachts, we will always provide you with a TRUE representation of every vessel we market. We encourage all buyers to schedule a survey for an independent analysis. Any offer to purchase is ALWAYS subject to satisfactory survey results.
Take a look at ALL ***109 PICTURES*** of this vessel on our main website at POPYACHTS DOT COM. Thank you for visiting and we look forward to speaking with you!
|Mooring Country:||United States of America|
|LOA:||11.28 m/37 ft|
|Length:||11.28 m/37 ft|
|Width:||3.57 m/12 ft|
|Draft:||1.71 m/6 ft|
|No. of engines:||1|
|No. of cabins:||1|
|No. of berths:||4|
|WC & bathrooms:||yes|
we're sorry, this ad is no longer available.